What You Should do if You Have a Fire Emergency
What would you do if you were ever in an emergency?
Step 1 would be to get you and your family to safety.
Step 2 would be to call SERVPRO of Natchez to help right away with your restoration needs.
However, there are certain, and very important dos and don’ts in case of a fire emergency that you should or shouldn’t do until we arrive. Let us help you out by listing these dos and don’ts in case you ever are in these situations.
In case of an emergency fire damage, pay attention to the following tips:
-limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking
- keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- if electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
- wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances
-don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Natchez professionals.
- don’t attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Natchez.
- don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.