If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (877) 304-5554

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold in the Walls and Ceiling

2/4/2019 (Permalink)

If you have water damage, make sure you call a professional to take care of it immediately, to prevent mold from forming. SERVPRO of Natchez has trained and certified mold technicians to perform this type of remediation.

Our crews use Protective Clothing: half- or full-face respirator mask, goggles with a half-face respirator mask prevent mold spores from reaching the mucous membranes of the eyes, they wear disposable hazmat coveralls to keep out particles down to one micrometer, and protective suits keep mold spores from entering skin cuts last but not least, gloves are made of rubber, nitrile, polyurethane, or neoprene.

Mold is part of the natural environment. Indoor mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores. The spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through the air. Mold may begin growing indoors when spores land on moist surfaces. For example: In the photo the mold grew in the wall and ceiling as the result from a roof leak that was not dried out. There are many types of mold, but all require moisture for growth.

SERVPRO of Natchez is here to help and restore your property call 601.304.5554.

Other News

View Recent Posts