Prolonging The Life Of Your Carpet
Whether you have been living in an apartment complex for 6 months or a two-story house for 10 years, everyone needs to be mindful of when they last had their carpet professionally cleaned. We realize that there are things around the house that are tossed aside and forgotten about, however maintaining clean carpets should not be one of them. Here at SERVPRO® of Natchez we understand life happens, like when your child spills a drink all over the carpet or the dog mistakes the carpet, for the grass outside. We get it, but we only want what's best for you and your health.
Why Does My Carpet Need to be Professionally Cleaned?
Many people have been exactly where you are now, thinking "I wipe up all spills and vacuum often, I am good to go." That simply is just not the case. And frankly this alone isn't good enough. It may not be evident to the naked eye, but carpets can house all sorts of dirt, bacteria, and allergens that can be harmful to your health. Carpets that are not well maintained can hold dust mites, molds, pet hair, dead skin cells, insect feces, and other particles deep-seated in their fibers. Below are three possible problems that can be the result of carpets that are not well-maintained.
Danger #1: Weak Immune System
- Everyday our bodies fight to keep us healthy and strong. However, living in an unclean environment, leads to being exposed to harmful bacteria, which can cause you to be more susceptible to diseases.
- Getting out carpets professionally cleaned helps to remove dust mites, bacteria and other allergens, which ultimately helps your family breathe easier and reduces the risk of colds and other health problems. As strange as it may sound, dirty carpet can negatively impact the airflow in your home.
Danger #2: Reduces the Life Span of the Carpet
- Not professionally cleaning your carpet allows for dirt to stay embedded inside the fibers of the carpet. Which ultimately will lead to the fibers breaking and wearing down.
- Regular vacuuming will keep your carpet looking good and prevent debris and dirt from embedding into the fibers.
- Keeping your vacuum in good shape will help keep your carpet in good shape. A vacuum that is half full will be much less effective than an empty one. Be sure to keep it cleaned out and keep up on the maintenance with it as well.
Danger #3: Odor in Carpet
- Professional cleaning companies can use top notch chemicals, to get out odors that regular vacuums or cleaners just simply cannot get out. A couple of these odors are dog urine and cigarette smoke. These odors almost always take a professional crew to come in and get rid of.