Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Commercial cleaning can be a lot of work, especially if it’s a large carpeted area. Let us help you with that. We would love to give you an estimate!
Having your carpets and rugs cleaned makes for a nice appearance for your customers.
The dust, dirt, and other debris that finds its way into the carpet fibers can eventually get into the air where it can cause odors and even respiratory infections. So therefore having your carpets and rugs professional cleaned improves the air quality of the office/building.
Rented carpet cleaning machines are not always effective as they are used over and over by many different people and clean with harsh chemicals that leave an unpleasant smell and a residue in the carpet that attracts even more dirt and debris. It is always better to hire a professional for that reason alone.
SERVPRO of Natchez offers free quotes for carpet cleaning. We can come out, measure, give you a quote, and proceed with cleaning while we are there once we have your approval. We have a very flexible schedule and can usually get you scheduled the week you call. Just give our office at call at 601.304.5554.
Carpet Cleaning for your Commercial Property
Commercial properties are a big investment. Carpet in a commercial building will take on lots of traffic and many stains that will need the attention of a professional staff to keep the commercial property looking its best. Besides vacuuming the carpet regularly your carpet may also need to be deep cleaned on a scheduled basis to keep the new look and smelling fantastic. Deep cleaning your commercial carpet on a regular basis will help keep the carpet looking new and possibly help extend the life of the carpet. If your commercial carpet is in trouble and needs to be brought back to life, call SERVPRO of Natchez at 601.304.5554 to schedule your routine carpet cleaning and let our trained professionals take care of the job for you.
"What Happens Next"
Storms can cause severe damage to your home—potentially even making them unsafe!
What You Should Do After a Flood
Even if you were properly prepared for the flood and weathered the storm until it passed, your home could still have sustained heavy damage. Now that the sky is blue once more, how do you proceed? Here’s a look at what to do after a flood:
Just because the sun is shining, and the flood waters have receded, that doesn’t mean all danger has passed. Exercise caution by doing the following:
- Tune into local alerts and warning systems to stay up-to-date with current information and receive expert, informed advice about the flood. After all, additional flooding could still occur.
- Stay away from rushing water. Moving water only 6 inches deep can sweep you off your feet.
- Avoid walking through large areas of standing water, which may be electrically charged by downed power lines. The water could also be hiding broken glass or dangerous animals.
- Unless you are specifically asked for help by the police, fire department, or relief workers, keep out of damaged areas.
- Help emergency workers by staying off the roads in and out of the damaged neighborhood or region.
- If you’re caught in a stalled car during a flash flood, abandon the car and get to higher ground immediately.
- Heed barricades and find an alternate route if you encounter one blocking your way. Crossing bridges even after the water has receded could be dangerous if the structural integrity has been jeopardized.
- Return home only when the authorities permit it. Even then, stay out of the building if it’s surrounded by flood waters and exercise extreme caution when you do enter.
Stay Safe and Healthy
Take care of you and your family as cleanup efforts begin. To stay safe and healthy, remember the following:
- Turn off the home’s electricity at the main breaker box, even if the power is out. Only turn the power on when your home is dry.
- Avoid floodwater, which may be contaminated with sewage, gasoline, or oil.
- Fix damaged sewer systems as soon as possible.
- Don’t drink water from the tap. Listen to news reports to learn when the community’s water is safe to drink again.
Clean and Repair Your Home
- Use the information in the Repairing Your Flooded Home PDF from the Red Cross to learn how to enter your home safely, protect your belongings from future damage, record damage for insurance claims, check for gas leaks, and begin the cleanup process.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss your claim.
- Hire a professional water damage mitigation company as soon as possible. It’s important that the company is qualified for the services you need. SERPVRO of Natchez is available 24/7 to help when you need it most. Not only are we a local command center, but we also have the resources of 1,600 franchises nationwide—meaning no disaster is too big.
Get Help After a Flood
SERVPRO of Natchez is prepared and ready to help you when you and your family need it the most. We’re here to help you get back on your feet and make it look like it never happened. Call us at 601.304.5554.
Freezing Temperatures and Risk of Pipes Freezing
As the temperature starts dropping outside here in Mississippi, you should protect your inside pipes by keeping them warm and water running.
Here are a few things you can do:
Let the cold-water drip from a faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe even just a trickle helps prevent pipes from freezing.
Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during day and night.
Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
Keep garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
If you plan to be away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
If you have a water loss Call SERVPRO of Natchez at 601.304.5554. We are always here to help!
Fire, Soot and Smoke damage to your home or business is a huge and unexpected setback in your life. Fire board-up, cleanup, repair, and restoration are what we do.
At SERVPRO of Natchez our disaster restoration experts will be there to help you clean up and restore your home or business to its preloss condition. Our certified team of professionals are trained and specialized to handle large and small fires and smoke damage cleanup, which includes the following services:
- Structural cleaning
- Smoke and odor removal from both the structure and its contents such as personal belongings, furniture etc.
- Temporary protection and board-up of the home or business
- Cleaning and storage of personal belongings
- Climate-controlled storage
- Fogging and ozoning on site or in our cleaning facility
- Complete demolition
- Total reconstruction of a home or business
SERVPRO of Natchez is always here for you. Call us at 601.304.5554.
Fire Damage-Smoke and Soot
Smoke and the Different Types
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Natchez will determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process. Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Natchez 601.304.5554.
Mold in Closets
Moisture can come from many sources. Even wet or damp clothing can be a water source. Homeowners sometimes find that their closets become a source of mold and mildew.
Here are a few tips to prevent mold in your closet.
- Be sure any clothes, linens or towels are completely clean and dry before storing them.
- Leave space around stored clothing allows more air to circulate. Do not pack clothes too tightly.
- Leave the closet door open when possible.
- Wire shelving provides greater air circulation than solid shelves.
- Keep your items off the floor to keep moisture from appearing underneath them. Hang the clothes or keep them in boxes.
- Air out your closets occasionally by clearing them out and washing any clothing.
- Do not keep your dry-cleaning in plastic bags. Their polyethylene composition traps humidity around fibers, and the dampness encourages mold growth.
- Leave the light on - Install an energy-efficient light in the closet. Remember mold needs moisture to live, so the warmth from a low wattage light bulb can help keep the closet dry.
- Don’t ignore a musty smell; it can only mean one thing, mold is growing somewhere and it has to be taken care of. This is when you need to call for a certified mold remediation contractor.
Here at SERVPRO of Natchez, we have the experience, knowledge, and expertise necessary to help you with any mold damage or preventive practices. We are also available for cleanup after fire and water damage. Call us today at 601.304.5554.
Mold in the Walls and Ceiling
If you have water damage, make sure you call a professional to take care of it immediately, to prevent mold from forming. SERVPRO of Natchez has trained and certified mold technicians to perform this type of remediation.
Our crews use Protective Clothing: half- or full-face respirator mask, goggles with a half-face respirator mask prevent mold spores from reaching the mucous membranes of the eyes, they wear disposable hazmat coveralls to keep out particles down to one micrometer, and protective suits keep mold spores from entering skin cuts last but not least, gloves are made of rubber, nitrile, polyurethane, or neoprene.
Mold is part of the natural environment. Indoor mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores. The spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through the air. Mold may begin growing indoors when spores land on moist surfaces. For example: In the photo the mold grew in the wall and ceiling as the result from a roof leak that was not dried out. There are many types of mold, but all require moisture for growth.
SERVPRO of Natchez is here to help and restore your property call 601.304.5554.
Most Likely Areas to Flood in a Home
A flood can occur for many reasons it is unexpected and happens suddenly.
Bathrooms are one of the most likely places due to having sinks, tubs, toilets and showers.
While almost any area in your home is susceptible to flooding, more so than others, such as kitchens, laundry rooms, basements and cellars. Even a very small leak from the roof can turn into a big problem with a water damage to your home, if not taken care of immediately.
The sooner you call SERVPRO of Natchez, the sooner your home can be successfully restored back to normal. Don't wait! Call us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week 601.304.5554. Our crews are highly trained and certified for all your restoration needs. We are always here to help!
Plumbing can be a BIG Disaster
Being a homeowner and having to deal with plumbing issues can be a headache but left untouched can cause major trouble in your home. It is always important to keep your plumbing maintenance on a regular basis. As a homeowner it is very important to keep an eye out for any potential troubles such as small leaks that could lead to plumbing failure. Once a leak is noticed it is very valuable to get it repaired as soon as possible so the issue does not cause your home to flood. If at any time your home does encounter a plumbing issue make sure the main water valve is cut off so no more water will get inside your home. If your home is ever damaged by a flood call the professionals at SERVPRO Of Natchez 601.304.5554 and let us make your home look "Like it never even happened."