Getting Rid of Mold
Here are some healthy tips to follow when you are dealing with mold. Some people cringe at the sound of the word mold but it may be easier to take care of then you think. Hopefully these will help ease the stress along the way.
- Take things that were wet for 2 or more days outside. Things that stay wet 2 or more days can have mold on them. Mold is not always visible by looking.
- Take out stuff made of cloth, unless you can wash them in HOT water.
- Use bleach to clean mold on hard things or surfaces (like floors, counter tops, toys, tools, and plates.)
- Never mix bleach with ammonia or other cleaners.
- wear rubber boots, rubber gloves, goggles, and a mask.
- Open windows and doors to get fresh air when you use bleach.
- Mix no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water.
- Wash the item with the bleach and water mixture.
- Rinse the item with clean water.
- Dry the item or leave it out to dry.
Call us at 601.304.5554 or visit us on the web at www.SERVPROnatchez.com.