Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Our highly trained technicians at SERVPRO of Natchez are ready to respond immediately to any emergency flood or water damage at your Miss-Lou Property or surrounding areas. Our staff have the experience, expertise and advanced training to restore your home or commercial property in a timely matter. Here at SERVPRO of Natchez we use advanced inspection and extraction equipment available to find the water and remove it as soon as possible so no further damage is caused. Once our technicians have taking care of the water extraction, they will also monitor the equipment and document all drying process to ensure your residential or commercial property is back to normal.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – 601.304.5554
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (601) 304-5554
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.